Thursday, December 22, 2011

Taller Experimental de la Grafica, Havana, Cuba.







I had heard that this studio was a hidden gem near the catedral in Habana Vieja...and it's so true.

On my trip to Cuba in December 2011, I made my way to explore Taller Experimental de la Grafica, a print studio and gallery in the old part of Havana. It's quite impressive! In all, there are over 50 artist who work here, many of which were busy making prints on the thursday morning that I visited. There is also an art gallery on the second floor featuring the prints from the artists who create their work at the studio.

I was really impressed with the quality of work produced, and managed to select a few monotype prints from Guillermo Vantour Garcia. I found it hard to decide which ones to choose, they are all so beautiful... so I made my way back home with four of them.

If you are in Cuba, and love printmaking... definitely stop in for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment